Monday, October 11, 2010

Matt Lanter on Tim Tebow

@MattLanter: Yes I'm a Bulldog, and yes he's a Gator, but @timtebow is a class act and and a great rep for Him. I hope this guy has a long NFL career.

Sometimes Matt tweets things that really just stick with me.  They burn themselves into my mind.  He tweeted this a few weeks ago in response to people questioning about it once Matt started to follow Tim Tebow.  In case you don't understand why this would raise any questions, it is because Matt went to Georgia and Tim went to Florida, they are both SEC schools and in a sense, very much rivals in sports.  I really loved Matt's response.  What he chooses to tweet really reveals something about who he is.  I love and respect Tim Tebow.  He's such and amazing guy who isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in.  Tebow is open and honest about his faith and isn't afraid to let people know.  You have to respect the guy for that.  I agree completely with Matt says about Tebow and I love the fact that he says it.  What really grabbed my attention is when Matt says, "a great rep for Him."  I had to read it again to make sure I read it right.  My first reaction was does that mean what I think it does?  Of course it does.  If I wasn't completely won over by Matt before, I was at this very moment.  I had wondered when he posted that picture of the word 'Salvation' as to why he posted that and even more when he replied to my tweet on my interpretation of the picture as to what his faith was.  If this picture had a deeper meaning to him.  Then I read about how he goes to church when he goes home.  So I thought well, maybe he really is a Christian.  When Matt made that statement and revealed his faith, I really did form this new kind of respect for him.  I love him even more for that.  Right when I think Matt can't get any more amazing than he already is, he does.


No comments:

Post a Comment