Thursday, November 11, 2010

Liam Rewind: "Mother Dearest"

Oh the bro-mance that is between the guys on 90210 is so fun to watch.  It always brings out a different side of Liam, a more fun and relaxed side.  The first time we see Liam is when he, Dixon, and Navid are about to go catch some waves.  It is nice to see Liam without psyco Laura.  We learn that Liam told Laura that he would deal with her, but not the bags.  Good for Liam for steering clear of that mess and having no part in Laura's drug dealing business.  I must say I am a little disappointed that they did nothing with that storyline.  It had a lot of potential to be something interesting, but they really cut it off short.  Then again, we they never showed what happened at the end of last season with Liam either.  But maybe, that isn't the end of it.  Maybe Laura may find herself in a mess and Liam won't be able not to get himself involved.  Who knows.  It was nice to see Liam not so serious.  It was also quite funny when you see how awkward Liam and Navid are every time Ivy came around, clearly Dixon had told them what had happened.  In this episode I really saw Liam as a high school student.  He really seemed to be having fun in this episode and even a little excited when at the red carpet.

However, once again Liam's screen time was three minutes, maybe less.  I really do not understand why this is.  It leaves me somewhat dumbfounded that Matt Lanter is not being used more.  Last season he had more of a starring role, and may I go as far as saying he was the leading man.  But this season, he has really had a supporting role and is more in the shadows.  We hardly get to see him.  And it is not like he doesn't have a storyline.  The show introduces his half-brother yet, have barely revealed anything.  While I love the show, I am disappointed to see so little of Matt.  I don't know what the show and the writers are thinking not giving Matt more scenes.  He is such a talented actor and does make the scenes he is in shine.  I just feel they need to utilize his talents more.  Just by watching the scenes he has, you can see how great Matt is at what he does.  I know I am sounding like a broken record the way I rant about this.  My hope is that in the new year we will be seeing much more Matt!



Question:  Has there been an episode where Liam hasn't had his shirt off!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment