Saturday, December 11, 2010

Liam Rewind: "Holiday Madness"

Matt tweeted this picture of him and Shenae filming the scene at the end!
Can I just start by saying OMG!  Wow!  This was a great episode.  What a great mid-season finale.  And I'm not just talking about the parts with Matt.  But I'm so over this diva Adrianna.  She is getting soooo annoying.  This episode definitely left me with my jaw dropping with all that happened.  An episode that leaves you hanging, is a good episode in my book.  Now let's get on the the Liam rewind.

Once again there wasn't a whole lot of Liam this week but the scenes there were of him were so juicy.  I mean were sooooo sooooo good.  After learning Liam was in the hospital, Annie and Dixon bring him home with them so someone can watch over him.  Charlie stops by to check on Liam after he overhears the conversation between Annie and Dixon about Liam being in the hospital.   The moment Liam sees Charlie walk through the door him mood dramatically change.  Charlie obviously makes Liam tick and the reason has to do with more than just what happened in the past.



We don't see Liam again until the end, which was my favorite part.  Here's how the scene goes:  Annie wakes up Liam because he has a concussion and we all know you can't sleep when you have one.  He wakes up and sits up and Annie comes and sits with him on the bed.  Then we see something that we haven't really seen quite like this before.  There is some really honesty between the two.  Annie tells Liam, "When I heard that you were in the hospital, I felt like my heart stopped...If you weren't okay, I wouldn't be okay."  I think we could all relate to what Annie told him.  Liam apologizes for his behavior for when Charlie came to check up on him.  He explains that he has his problems with him, but that there is another reason for his dislike for the guy.  Here comes the big moment in the show.  Liam confesses to Annie that, "It's hard for me to see you with him because I'm in love with you.  I've loved you for a long time."  And then comes the kiss.  And really, how could the girl not kiss him after a heartfelt confession like that.  I would be putty in his hands after that.  It was interesting to see an open, honest, and vulnerable Liam as he confessed his love for Annie.  He threw all his cards on the table not knowing how she would react.  It was such a sweet moment and I loved every moment.  I was literally hanging on to every word Liam was telling her (wishing it was me of course).  That scene actually really took my breath away and made my heart skip a beat.  Followed by an awwww...It was such a tender and raw moment between the two.  I of rewound and watch this scene a couple of times.  I couldn't get enough of it.  It's something we really haven't ever seen from Liam before.  Liam has really grown up this season, you can see a difference from last season.  I no longer think of him as the "bad boy" that he was when he first entered the show.  Maybe Liam never really was a bad boy, maybe it was just a shield.  The night for Liam ends with him and Annie in bed and Annie ignoring a phone call from Charlie and then snuggling close to Liam.  Umm, I want Liam/Matt as my cuddle buddy.  But did the really just do it in Dixon's bed???  Took away from the moment just a little.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking gross. What's Dixon gonna do when he finds out, but after seeing Teddy and Ian, who knows what he'll think.  Maybe he'll never find out, yeah right.  Matt is really magical in what he can do and make the viewer feel.  I think he's gotten my heart to stop a couple of times, that's hard for a character to do.

The great thing about television is that we don't see what it takes to create an episode.  Everything we see is a complete illusion.  What we see is not what the actors see.  The romantic scenes aren't so romantic after all, but luckily as the viewer we don't see all that so we can just get caught up in the moment.  The day after the episode aired, Matt tweeted a picture from his perspective during this scene.  It's men, cameras, and mics all around staring at them.  I think this just further shows the talent Matt has.  I must give Shenae some credit too b/c the scene would not have been what it was without her.  Somehow, I have managed to find a new appreciation for Matt and his work.  I really cannot say enough on how great I think Matt is.  Though, I think I'm getting a bit redundant in these posts.  You guys, get the picture right?.  To simply put it,  Matt is a bunch of awesomesauce.  Thank you, Matt, for bringing us amazing entertainment on a weekly basis.   


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment