Saturday, December 4, 2010

Liam Rewind: "Best Lei'd Plans"

We saw the most of Liam that we have seen in weeks.  Thank you 90210 for finally giving us our Liam fix.  The withdrawals were getting pretty bad.  But I can actually say that I am satisfied for the week.  And very glad we got to see so much Matt this week.  Let's hope this is the end of the "Lack of Lanter" streak that has plagued this season.  What ever will I do during the hiatus that will be here after Mondays episode?

There's a lot to talk and see this week so let's start the rewind.


When we first see Liam he is driving Laura around and is his usual cold, harsh self with her.  But as Laura begins to share with Liam we start to see a different side of him with her.  There is this genuine concern and kindness he shows toward her.  We learn that there is a reason behind Laura's insanity.  Was it just me or did you really want to tell him to keep his eyes on the road!?!  He kept looking at Laura and it was driving me crazy...   


 My favorite part is the bromance between Liam and Dixon.  While at the luau they had me cracking up in this episode, especially with the whole pork/ivy thing.  The show needs more comedic relief parts like this.  I also saw a slightly different side of Liam, a smarter Liam than last season.  As we learned last season, Liam is one to always step up to help someone, like with the whole Naomi and Cannon situation or with Annie and Jasper.  Yet when he stepped in it always somehow ended with Liam throwing punches.  When Liam helps Laura in this episode, it was different from in times past.  He was sweet and compassionate, which made him all the more hot and sexy.  When Laura wants to leave when she sees her ex, Liam convinces her to stay.  Liam is such a nice guy that he offers to pretend to be Laura's new boyfriend to make her ex jealous.  To make it completely convincing he goes as far as kissing her.  What a lucky girl.  I loved how completely shocked Laura was at the fact that Liam was being so nice to her, but he admits he feels he owes her because of the way that she has helped him.  If she did like him before, she may now, I would.  We are really seeing a different side of Liam than we have before.  I no longer think of him as the just the "bad boy."








Too bad that helping Laura make her ex jealous would end up biting him in the butt later.  As soon as I saw Laura's ex and his friend I knew what was going to happen.  I seriously found myself talking to the television screen telling Liam to get out of there.  Of course Liam stood of for Laura, I would expect nothing less of him, but I really wished I would stop talking and antagonizing the ex.  Needless to say punches were thrown and Liam didn't go down without throwing a few of his own, but unfortunately he was out numbered.  I found myself wanting to go and help him after he gets beat up and is just lying there in the road.  My heart really hurt when I saw what was happening.  Liam is such a great guy for that, too bad he didn't get in the car sooner. Dont worry I read that Annie will be there next week to take care of him or at least try.


Matt's talents are so powerful.  When I watch I sometime forget that I'm just watching a television show.  He is able to get emotions stirring which is tough to do.  He is always so convincing.  The emotions of the Liam are always spot on, which is what makes the character believable.  That is why Liam is such a great character, Matt makes him great.  He really does have this ability to really connect with the viewer through the screen.  He is able to tug at the viewers' emotions and really make them feel.  The caliber of his talents are up there with some of the biggest stars and if I may be so daring to say greater than some.  Matt is my favorite TV actor, he hasn't quite won me over in the movie department, that spot belongs to James Franco, but I do believe that he is in the same class of talent as him.  Continue with the excellent work Matt, we all enjoy getting to see it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment