Sunday, March 27, 2011

Q + A with Matt Lanter

Here's an interview from back in February, it is a little over a month old, but still a good one so I thought I would share.

Woodsy's World of Star Wars: My Q+A w/Clone Wars Actor Matt Lanter!




Matt Lanter plays the voice of all things Anakin in The Clone Wars. He also plays bad boy Liam in 90210. I first met Matt at last year's Star Wars Celebration in "Lando" Florida where I interviewed him for MTV Geek. I immediately felt a strong connection since he worked with Carrie Fisher in the movie Sorority Row. That lucky dawg!
Let's have a quick touch base with Matt as he discusses the dark side of Anakin, his golf game and his Princess Leia buns photo session denial! *Somehow* I'll recover...

LW - You play the role of Anakin in Clone Wars. How has it been seeing such an emotional change in Anakin this season, as he begins to dip into the dark side? Anything about upcoming season 4 you can give us?
ML - It's pretty cool. As a fan, I think it's amazing that we are getting to explore this time in Anakin's life. We never really got to see the gradual progression of Anakin's slide towards the dark side. It wasn't sudden. It was years of being pushed and pulled in different directions by the Jedi order and by Palpatine. Combine those factors with some of the tragic events that he has experienced in his life and you may see more clearly why he slipped to the dark side. We really get to add huge pieces to the Star Wars puzzle with these recent episodes. Season 4 will continue on with darker moments like we have just seen in the "Mortis" arc, bringing Anakin closer and closer to Darth Vader.

LW - You also play the voice of Anakin in Star Wars Legos game. My mom got me that for Christmas, got any hot tips for me?
ML - I haven't played it yet!

LW - Twitter told me that occasionally you come to NYC. What are some of your favorite things to do here?
ML - I do have a tremendous appreciation for NYC! It's so alive all of the time. I really haven't spent enough time there to tell you where my favorite hang outs are but I do love Central Park. It's like this oasis in the middle of the city. So unique.

LW - So Matt, we haven’t spoken since Star Celebration V last August. Any fond memories of Celebration come to mind, besides me of course, that you’d like to share?
ML - Celebration is always a blast! It's just fun to be there with the rest of the cast and crew from The Clone Wars and, of course, all of the fans. Everyone is just happy to be there sharing in something we all love. I do have to say, seeing everyone dressed up in these crazy costumes and the length they go to is just incredible. That’s probably one of my favorite parts.

LW - I see your birthday is coming up on April 1st! Happy early birthday Matt! Got any big plans or do you think your buddies have any April fools plans for you?
ML - Thanks. Funny enough, I really haven't had any jokes played on me in the last several years. Maybe it's just because I'm an adult now and adults don't care about April fools....at least that's the feeling that I get.

LW - Last time we spoke, we talked about your golf game. Had any great shots lately? Ever use the Force to move the ball around when you get frustrated?
ML - No I'm strictly forbidden from using the Force to better my golf game. Of course, I've had some great shots...every time I play. Unfortunately, I have more bad shots than good so the game continues to frustrate me.

LW - And I see The Roommate just came out, congrats!! So I’ve been hearing some buzz about this steamy sex scene. Have any idea what everyone’s talking about?
ML - I might. It's kinda of kinky and morbid all at the same time... You'll just have to see it.

LW - So normally, Matt, I end my Q+A w/my fellow Jedi trying on my Princess Leia buns for a nice photo. Since we’re conducting this Q+A on opposite coasts the Force may not be with me on this. But if you were here in NYC, you would try the buns on for me, wouldn’t you?
ML - Hmm I think I'll pass on that offer. I can't imagine Star Wars fans would be too happy to see The Chosen One rocking the Leia buns. Something about that just wouldn't be right. Or at least that’s my excuse. :)

Sources: MTV Geek

 

No comments:

Post a Comment